top of page
  • Writer's pictureMarisa Hudspeth

Thirteenth Week: Finished Demo

Now that I found a ruler, I was able to figure out the conversion between real life and unity units more accurately. Apparently, 1 cm = 8.7 unity units? No idea why. But this made it much easier to create a demo with accurate scaling. I also set the positional y value to always be 0 in the desktop app, because there were issues with the camera clipping through the floor. Similarly, I had to set the x and z rotation to always be 0 as well. After these changes, the two apps seemed a lot more polished, and the field of view of the robot in the desktop app lined up pretty well with the field of view lines in the AR app! The next step is to work on a bigger example --- the dollhouse. I need to get measurements from the teammate who built it so I can make it digitally, and then I'll give her my code and see if she can run it.


I also started working on putting my fake data and charts into the paper (only temporarily!). I have been doing lots of formatting to see which charts should go where and how we should order the results in general.

6 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Fourteenth Week: Paper and New Project

After getting some feedback about the formatting of the paper, I finished up the layout of the results section. I also started working on another dollhouse project, this time with laserscan data inste

Twelfth Week: Refinement

This week I mostly worked on the two unity apps to create a simple demo where the real-life "robot" moves through a hallway and turns a corner, and the robot's perspective can be seen in the desktop a

Tenth and Eleventh Weeks: Success!

I forgot to update last week so I'm combining my updates into this one post. I actually got a lot done! Tenth Week I got the basic C# networking examples to work, so I knew my problems were more with

Comments


bottom of page